Your 6 months preparation plan for Indian Administrative Service (IAS) prelims should be ready by now. If not, then plan it as per the tips given below and get sure shot success in civil services exam 2015.
1. Revise two times before exam: Plan your studies carefully. Adequate time should be kept for revision. Both General Studies and Aptitude sections should be revised atleast twice, one week before the exam.
2. Focus on ecology, environment, art and culture: A large number of questions come from ecology, environment and art & culture. These areas should be prepared in detail from the best available sources.
3. Solve mock test papers: Candidates should attend mock tests and solve previous year papers. This will increase the accuracy and speed significantly. It also helps in picking out the most appropriate option in the exam.
4. Get your basics clear: In the changed pattern, the stress is more on the concept clarity rather than simply mugging up the data. The prelims-2015 is still six months away; candidates must devote good time in understanding the basics.
5. Candidates from non-MBA and non-Engineering background should devote good time in preparing for CSAT paper as it has more weightage and becomes a game-changer for clearing preliminary round.
Candidates from MBA and Engineering background should not be careless about CSAT paper as the CSAT paper is quite different in approach and content from the MBA exams.
All the best!
Exam tips courtesy: CA Mohit Agarwal, Cleared prelims 2014